Big Sky, Montana – On September 14, 2018, Montage International and CrossHarbor Capital Partners LLC broke ground on a $400 million ultra-luxury hotel at Spanish Peaks in Big Sky, Montana. The Montage Big Sky is expected to open in 2021.
The new Big Sky Montage Hotel will feature 150 guestrooms and suites and 39 Montage branded residences. Residences will be released to the real estate market in December 2018. The Montage Big Sky will feature 5 room types in the hotel ranging from 528 square feet to 2,734 square feet. The new hotel will have 518,379 gross square feet (excludes future development plans at Montage Big Sky). For more details, see the quick facts below.
Managed by Montage Hotels & Resorts, the Montage Big Sky will be located at the 3,530-acre Spanish Peaks. This high-end Montana property will offer ski-in/ski-out access to Big Sky Resort in the winter. In the summer, guests will have access to the Spanish Peaks Mountain Club’s 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Weiskopf.
CrossHarbor Capital Partners LLC and Montage International make a good partnership. Montage currently operates numerous high end hotels including an property at Deer Valley in Utah and many other luxury properties.CrossHarbor purchased a development site in Big Sky as far back as 2006, purchased the Yellowstone Club in 2009, and are currently working on a variety of developments and hotels in the Big Sky community. They plan to announce another hotel project in the near future (Bloomberg.com).
Montage Big Sky Quick Facts:
- Managed by Montage Hotels & Resorts
- Located at Spanish Peaks
- 150 guestrooms and suites
- 39 branded Montage residences – To be released for sale in December 2018. Contact me for more details.
- 518,379 gross square feet – Excludes future development plans at Montage Big Sky.
- 4 food & beverage outlets
- World-class spa
- Fitness center including indoor lap pool, family swimming pool
- Recreation room with bowling alley
- 12,870 sq. ft of meeting & event spaces
- Montage’s signature, immersive children’s program: Paintbox
- Breaking ground in 2018 and expected opening in 2021